Monday 16 July 2012

David Nash at Kew Gardens

At the weekend I went to visit Kew Gardens where I combined my visit to view David Nash's exhibition along with filming trees/plants and the wildlife there too :-)


Scattered around Kew Gardens were many beautiful sculptures by David Nash, but my favourite part of this exhibition was in the Wood Quarry where you could see unfinished works in progress.

An evolving exhibition


David Nash is using trees from Kew that have come to the end of their life to make a series of new work in the Wood Quarry.


Nash uses chainsaws to work with the properties of wood and only works with trees that have fallen naturally or must be felled because of storm or disease damage.


This is the first time Nash has shown his process of making art as part of a major exhibition. It is also his first wood quarry with fully grown trees in ten years. Kew Gardens





 Wood Quarry photos:


David Nash

David Nash



I found this trip to be quite successful, not only did I see David Nash's sculptures, I came away with lots of photos and video footage of tree/plants/wildlife to be included in my both my studio practise and visual research. 

Below are some of photos that I took. I haven't edited the videos yet.


Chestnut Tree


Monkey Puzzel Tree


Pine Tree


Kew Gardens


Reflections


Kew Gardens


Mum and baby


Nest


Kew Gardens


Kew Gardens


Peacock


Peacock


Kew Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment