Sunday, 3 April 2011

Experiments with previous spirograph sounds and geometric patterns.

For these experiments I used the previous sounds from all the spirograph plates and combined them with a selection of patterns that were created using a basic system. The video below in this series of geometrical experiments is my favourite.  To create this I first made up a system. I followed certain rules that I carried out to start off with. This was quite basic and each pattern change was based on gradually moving the size and angle FX in Vegas.  Once I had these patterns I then randomly changed the colours and made some adjustments.  I have noticed that I’m not content to just make up rules and let the artwork unfold. I also like to intervene with the creation.  I have also done this with some of my previous spirograph experiments and these have also been my favourite too.  So my next step is to update my project proposal. At this point I’m not quite sure what to call this process, it is part generated and part created!

No comments:

Post a Comment